Boulder County Campus Writing Center
In this Section
The Boulder County Campus Writing Center is available to help any FRCC students with any writing at any stage.
- Any FRCC student can sign up for up to two 30-minute sessions every week.
- Students can get help with any writing. This includes any personal, professional, or academic writing, including resumes, cover letters, four-year school transfer essays, presentations, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, class papers, speeches, scripts, summaries, emails, and annotated bibliographies. We also help with citation styles, such as APA, Chicago, and MLA.
- The Writing Center can help with writing at any stage. Common topics include brainstorming, developing ideas, organizing and drafting, researching, documenting sources, revising, and using correct grammar and punctuation. No matter where you are in the writing process (even if you haven't yet started) the Writing Center has got you covered.
Writing Center Hours
|Monday - Thursday||10:30 am - 3:30 pm|
Schedule a Writing Center Appointment
In-person BCC Writing Center Appointments are now scheduled through Navigate.
- Login to eWolf
- Under “Student Tools” select Navigate.
- On the left-hand side, select “Appointments”
- On the right-hand side, select “Schedule an Appointment.”
- Under “What type of appointment would you like to schedule” select “Tutoring and Academic Support.”
- Under “Service” select “Writing Center.”
- Select “Find Available Time.”
- Under All Filters (on the left-hand side of the page), under “Location” select “Boulder County Campus- Academic Success Center.”
- Select your day and time.
- Review the details and select schedule.
You will receive an email verification of your appointment.
Cancel or Reschedule Appointment
Refer to your Navigate account to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Online Writing Lab
The Online Writing (OWL) is a service available to all FRCC students. Writing assistance is available via both synchronous OWL LIVE! video meetings and asynchronous writing feedback within 24-48 hours of submission.
Here we have gathered some reliable resources to help you with common problems students face when writing academic essays. Feel free to consult these along with resources from your instructor. Copies of all the handouts are available in the Writing Center.
- MLA Style Guide
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style Tutorial
- EasyBib - This citation generator can help you create your Works Cited or Reference list, but use at your own risk. It is not perfect.
- University of Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) - A comprehensive guide to writing
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Writing Center Handout Library - Dozens of handouts on a large variety of academic writing concerns
Writing Center FAQs
Who will be helping me with my paper?
The writing consultants are FRCC instructors who have years of expedience with a variety of writing genres.
Will going to the Writing Center be just like going to class?
No. The Writing Center is a nondirective, collaborative space. A consultant and student will work together to achieve that student's writing goals.
Does the Writing Center only help with papers?
The Writing Center can help with any project of which writing is a part. This includes presentations, speeches, etc.
How can I get the most out of my Writing Center session?
Bring in two hard copies of your assignment and a draft of what you have worked on already. We will read over your draft and help you see ways you can improve it.