- Counseling is FREE for all currently enrolled FRCC students
- We use a brief counseling model
- Students can use up to 6 sessions per semester
- Sessions are typically 30-60 minutes in length
- Counseling is confidential
Thank you for taking a moment to visit. Whether you are facing a difficult life experience or seeking personal growth, reaching out for help is often the hardest part. Maybe you feel reluctant to share your personal life with a stranger, or you feel apprehensive about confronting your pain, or perhaps you've never been in counseling before and aren't sure how it works. Whatever you might be feeling, it's completely understandable.
It may help you to know that there's no wrong way or right way for you, the client, to "do" counseling. Whatever you bring to the table is what we'll work with. It is our job to meet you where you are and provide you with the resources you need to achieve your goals.
You don’t need to have a serious mental health issue or be in crisis to seek out counseling. Many of the students with whom we meet are just looking to improve coping skills, decrease stress and anxiety, or just want someone to talk to. No matter what you want to talk about, we are here to help!
Counseling Services Include:
- Individual counseling
- Group Counseling
- Educational programming
- Consultative services (such as speaking with a licensed counselor about concerns related to a friend or family member)
- Provision of educational materials
- Referrals to other community resources
- Brief crisis interventions
- Classroom visits and presentations
Who We Are: