Dream it. Believe it. Achieve it.
As a TRIO participant you are part of a campus community where you feel encouraged, respected and supported throughout your educational journey at the FRCC Westminster Campus.
You can apply to TRIO if:
- You are a student at the FRCC Westminster Campus
- You are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- You meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor degree)
- You are low income (typically Pell-grant eligible determined by FAFSA)
- You have a documented Disability (with Disability Student Services at FRCC)
How to Apply
Eligible students can complete the online application.
If you know a student who could benefit from TRIO Student Support Services, you can refer them to us by submitting this short online referral form.
TRIO is eligible to serve 140 students per academic year and is currently accepting applications.
What You Can Expect from TRIO
TRIO participants will develop in meaningful ways as you are empowered to grow personally, academically, and professionally through community involvement, small group learning and individualized coaching. Students receive services tailored to your needs that will include but are not limited to:
Career and Academic Advising
- Career exploration and counseling
- Help with course selection
- Development of a graduation/ transfer plan
- Assistance completing FAFSA
- Scholarships search and application
- Understanding financial aid
- Learn to be a self advocate
- Identify strengths and learning styles
- Referral to resources
Student Success Workshops
- Financial Literacy/Help with FAFSA
- Scholarship Tips and Tricks
- Mastering the Art of Being a Student
- Dean's 3 Tips for College Success
- Learning Styles 101
- Preparation for Finals: The Final Stretch
- Resume Building & Interview Preparation