If you have a disability, you can get the most out of your time at Front Range Community College, and make sure you have equal access to our learning resources by working with our student disability office, Disability Support Services (DSS), at your FRCC campus.
We use the word “accommodation” to describe an academic adjustment that reduces barriers caused by a disability to provide equal access to the learning environment. Review the steps below to discover more about Front Range Community College disability services and how to obtain accommodations that may support you while at FRCC.
How to Get the Support You Need
1. INTAKE: Schedule an intake appointment with your campus DSS office.
- Contact information for your home campus is located to the right of this page.
- When you come in for your appointment, please bring a photo ID, your S number, and documentation of your disability. This information will help us give you the best support possible. We look forward to meeting you.
2. ACTIVATE: Once you have completed your intake appointment with DSS and have been approved for accommodations, complete this online form to submit your request for accommodations. It is important that you submit your request as soon as you register for your classes in order to receive timely support. DSS will generate a letter of accommodation based on the courses you are taking. The letter will be sent to you and your instructors.
3. RENEW: Accommodation requests must be renewed every semester by completing this online form.
4. COMMUNICATE: It is your responsibility to communicate with your instructors throughout the semester to confirm:
- That your instructors have received your accommodation letter, and
- To coordinate with them how your accommodations will be fulfilled for your class(es).
If you have any questions or concerns, contact your campus DSS office immediately, using the contact information to the right.
For information about documentation needed when registering for services, please see the documentation guidelines.
Rights and Responsibilities
Find out how FRCC’s disability services work—and what rights and responsibilities you and your teachers have within the program.
Learn about accommodations for tests, note-taking services, interpreter services and more.
Explore our list of resources for students with disabilities: scholarships, organizations, career advising and more.