Choose the Course Types that are Right for You
FRCC offers a variety of course types, from structured to flexible along with hybrid offerings. See the options below and click on the links to view descriptions of each.
Class Type Descriptions
- On-Campus: In-Person (Classroom-Based) During the scheduled course times, students will meet in-person, on-campus or at off-site designated locations.
- Live Remote Only (Real-Time Remote). During the scheduled course times, students will meet remotely in real-time via Zoom or WebEx. There are no scheduled in-person meetings and the course will be completed 100% real-time remote.
- Hybrid (Hybrid). During the scheduled course days and times, students meet either in-person and on-campus, via Zoom/WebEx or a combination of the two.
- Live: Remote or In-Person (Hyflex). During the scheduled course times, students can choose to meet remotely in real-time via Zoom or WebEx, or they can meet in person on campus or at a designated site.
- Live: Remote/Online Hybrid (Remote Hybrid). During the scheduled course times, students will meet remotely in real-time via Zoom or WebEx. All other coursework will be completed online individually without a real-time remote meeting. The amount of online or in-person work will vary depending on the course and instructor.
- Online (Online). Class is entirely online with no real-time expectations.
- Competency-Based (Competency-Based). During the time allotted, students will master specific competencies working on their own. There are no meeting times except as arranged between the student and the instructor. Once the competencies are achieved, the student will receive credit for the course.
Please Note: All courses, regardless of instructional method, may have work required to be done outside of class meetings, including discussions or assignments that use D2L, our learning management system.