Top Questions > Classes & Registration

  • Buying Books

    You can buy textbooks online or at your campus bookstore. To buy your books online, it will be helpful to have your class schedule handy so you can find the books you need by entering:

    • Your campus
    • Semester
    • Course prefix
    • Course number
    • Course section

    See location, hours, and contacts for your campus bookstore:

    Selling Books

    Buybacks are an opportunity for you to receive cash for your unwanted textbooks, and usually occurs at the end of each semester during finals week. The bookstore will purchase books that can be used for the upcoming semester. We pay up to 50 percent of the new or used purchase price of the book(s). However, there is no guarantee that you will receive any money. We reserve the right to refuse any textbook that does not meet our criteria. A receipt is not necessary to sell books at buyback.

    See buyback dates for your campus:

  • FRCC is committed to helping students. We have math labs, writing centers, and computer centers on each campus providing students with the support necessary to succeed. We also have an online writing center where students can submit their writing for critique and help. In addition, some campuses offer science support centers and assistance with specialized courses in programs that are career oriented (e.g., accounting, nurse aide). Services are offered in a variety of ways, ranging from individualized study programs to computer assisted instruction.

    See information about services, hours and locations for your campus.


  • Students taking one or more classes at Front Range Community College may be eligible for free tutoring services. We offer a variety of tutoring options at each of our campuses, including personal tutors, study skills seminars and labs for many subjects. Learn more about the academic support labs for math, science, writing, etc. Learn more about tutoring or how to become a tutor at your campus.

  • To drop or withdraw from a class, log in to your eWOLF account and click on the Add/Drop Classes icon on the Dashboard. Or you can complete, sign, and submit a drop/add form at the Admissions and Records Office on your campus. See all drop, add and withdraw dates.

  • FRCC's Continuing Education department provides affordable non-credit professional development and personal enrichment programs. Choose from a wide variety of classes that are offered in Fort Collins and Loveland. See non-credit classes.

  • Each semester FRCC offers more than 350 online classes you can take anywhere you have an internet connection. We offer many degree and certificates that can be completed 100% online.

    Some classroom-based courses also may be partially conducted online. These are called 'hybrid' courses.

    Learn more about online learning at FRCC.


  • FRCC offers both formal GED tests and classes to help you prepare for the GED.  You do not need to take the GED prep courses in order to take the GED tests. 

    • GED Preparation Classes
      We offer courses to prepare you to take the GED at our locations in Fort Collins and Loveland. Learn more.
    • GED Exam
      • FRCC administers the GED exam at the Boulder County campus in Longmont and the Westminster campus.
      • The Colorado GED Testing Program is for candidates 17 years of age and older who have never been awarded a high school diploma or an equivalency diploma. Applicants must a have Colorado mailing address, and not currently enrolled in high school.
  • To find out where you should take your exam and what times and days the exam is available, please contact your instructor. If your instructor has given the exam for the testing center to administer, please come in during our open hours and take the exam. See Testing Center Hours and Locations.

  • FRCC has a number of appeal processes within the college to not only comply with required state procedures, but also to provide a student an opportunity to a fair and expeditious means to resolve issues that affect a student’s enrollment.  Below is a list of the appeals.  Please scroll through the list to find the appeal that applies to you and follow the procedure listed. 

    Academic Appeals Include:

    • Final Grade
    • Program Dismissal
    • Graduation Denial
    • Procedure
      • The first step is to talk to your instructor about a final grade or program dismissal.  If this does not resolve the issue, see Appeals and follow the formal process listed on this page.       

    Appeals for Extenuating Circumstances Include:

    Appeal Residency and Tuition Classification

    Transfer Appeals Include:

    • A decision regarding the transferability of a specific course(s)
    • A decision regarding the placement of a specific course(s)
    • The college’s failure to provide a transcript evaluation within the designated 30-day calendar period.
    • Procedure

    Student Complaints Include:

    • Instructor
    • Administrator, Staff Member, or service
    • Procedure
      • Instructor: Please contact the department chair or dean.
      • Administrator or Employee: Please contact the Dean or Vice President at the appropriate campus.   You must bring in a signed written complaint.

    Student Grievance Policy

    • FRCC has a formal student grievance procedure that provides students the right to seek redress, when they believe that their rights or freedoms have been violated. A grievable offense is any alleged action that violates or inequitably applies written college policies or procedures. Students may not formally grieve a course grade, but may pursue grading clarification with the faculty member and the Dean of Instruction, and file a formal academic appeal. Procedures for lodging informal and formal grievances are available in the Office of Student Life, college information desks, the Office of the Dean of Student Services.

    Appeal of Higher Education Policy Issues Include:

    • Violation of the Student Bill of Rights
    • Noncompliance with CDHE policies pertaining to transfer, student fees, etc.
    • Failure of an institution to follow its established policies and procedures
    • Failure of an institution to respond to a student’s written appeal within 30 days
    • Procedure

    Appeal Colorado Guaranteed Transfer Program for General Education

  • To find where your current classes are located, you will need to have your class schedule to tell you the location, building number, room number, and times of all your classes. If you aren't clear on the abbreviated campus and building codes see this key.

    You can view and print a copy of your class schedule in eWOLF. Click on the My Schedule icon on the Dashboard.

  • Many students come to FRCC from other countries and may need help with their English speaking, writing, reading, and communication skills. Our experienced instructors are experts in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) from basic to advanced levels. Students can take our placement tests to determine the level of their English proficiency. Some of the courses can be taken for credit or non-credit.

    Learn more about ESL classes offered at our Boulder County and Larimer Campuses.

  • FRCC offers a two-year A.A.S. degree and one-year certificates in our Veterinary Technology program at our Larimer Campus in Fort Collins. See the requirements, class descriptions, contact information and more.

  • Check the Academic Calendar for exact start and end dates, as well as important dates and deadlines for each term.

    FRCC operates on a semester system. Generally classes begin in late August for fall term, shortly after the New Year for spring term, and around the last week of May for summer term. Fall and spring classes are each 15 weeks long. The Summer semester is 10 weeks long.

    We do have condensed and late start courses available each semester that are held for less than the regular 10 or 15 week term.


Select A Category