We believe in giving you the strongest possible foundation for your education. Attending New Student Orientation is required because it's the best way to get started. Research shows that students who attend an orientation feel more connected and prepared.
What Happens at New Student Orientation?
In addition to meeting fellow students new to FRCC, at orientation you'll:
- Register for your first semester of classes with the assistance of an advisor
- Explore campus and get to know where your classes will be
- Meet the faculty and Pathways Advisors in your Career & Academic Community
- Learn about academic plans
- Get answers to frequently asked questions
- Learn about additional orientations that may be specific to your program of study
- Get an overview of tools and resources to help you be successful in and out of the classroom
- Receive a student planner
- Find information about student organizations, events, and activities
- Be introduced to your campus leaders
- Buy your books and get your student ID card (Wolf Card)
When is Orientation?
You can choose from multiple days/times when orientation is offered each semester at your campus. New Student Orientation lasts for approximately four hours. You select a session to attend in the online Enrollment Checklist.
What if My Classes are All Online?
We want students who are taking all their classes online to be just as successful as those attending classes on-campus. To help you be prepared, we have an online orientation program to meet your needs in the Enrollment Checklist.