Important to Know
- Admission into the Front Range Community College/Larimer Campus Registered Nursing Program is an application process. View the Registered Nursing Admissions Ranking Table.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline..
- Immunizations, AHA BLS Provider, drug screen, and background check will be required once admission to the program is offered.
- If two applicants tie, they are ranked in the order their application was received.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply to FRCC.
2. Complete the Pre-Registration form to determine if you need to take an academic assessment before registering for classes. For more information, visit the Testing Center page.
- MAT 103 must be taken concurrently with NUR 109
3. Complete the following courses with a letter grade of “C” or higher:
ENG 121 English Composition I (3 credits) or ENG 122 English Composition II (3 credits)
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- HWE 100 Human Nutrition (3 credits) - or - HPR 108 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit)
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)
- Optional: BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab)
- It is optional to take this course prior to applying. Applicants receive two additional points on application if a grade of “C” or better is earned prior to applying.
- If ENG 121, PSY 235, BIO 201, BIO 204, HPR 108, or HWE 100 are repeated, no more than one D or F in each course is allowed within the previous 5 years.
- All required science courses must be completed within 7 years of entry into the RN program. We will only look at the first two attempts of science courses within those 7 years and will take the higher grade.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for ENG 121, PSY 235, BIO 201, and BIO 204 (HPR 108/HWE 100 and BIO 202 are excluded from the calculation).
- ENG 121, PSY 235, HPR 108 or HWE100, BIO 201, and BIO 204 may not be in progress at the time of applying.
4. Credit must be transferred to FRCC prior to submitting an application to the RN program.
5. Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam.
- Subjects required: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry.
- A minimum cumulative score of 80% is required to apply to the RN program.
- The HESI A-2 may only be taken once in 365 days and test scores can be used for up to 15 months.
- The exam is offered at the FRCC/Larimer Campus Testing Center (exam cannot be taken on Saturdays) and Prometric Testing Centers.
- Learn more about taking the HESI A-2
6. Complete the online RN program application.
- Applicants must upload electronic copies of the following documentation with their application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) within 30 days after the deadline.