Apply to become a student at FRCC. Choose A.A. in Health Sciences as your major.
Tip: You will also need to apply to the Larimer Campus Registered Nursing program (step 7). Students are admitted into the program each fall and spring.
Complete the Pre-Registration form
to determine if you need to take an academic assessment before registering for classes. For more information, visit the Testing Center page
- MAT 1120 must be taken concurrently with NUR 1009
Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of C or higher:
- ENG 1021 (ENG 121) English Composition I. If you’ve completed a higher-level ENG class, speak with your Pathway Advisor.
- PSY 2440 (PSY 235) Human Growth and Development
- HPR 1010 (HPR 108) Dietary Nutrition - or - HWE 1050 (HWE 100) Human Nutrition
- BIO 2101 (BIO 201) Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)
- BIO 2104 (BIO 204) Microbiology (4 credits with lab)
- Optional: BIO 2102 (BIO 202) Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab). However, applicants receive two additional points on application if a grade of “C” or better is earned prior to applying.
- If prerequisites are repeated, no more than one D or F in each course is allowed in the previous 5 years.
- All required science courses must be completed within 10 years of entry into the RN program. We will only look at the first two attempts of science courses within those 10 years and will take the higher grade.
- It is strongly recommended that students complete BIO 2102 and BIO 2116 prior to starting nursing classes.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for ENG 1021, PSY 2440, BIO 2101, and BIO 2104 (HPR 1010 or HWE 1050 and BIO 2102 are excluded from the calculation).
- Prerequisites may not be in progress at the time of applying.
Credit must be transferred to FRCC prior to submitting an application to the RN program.
- If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying.
- The transfer credit evaluation can take up to 30 days once all documentation is received. Learn more about the transfer process.