Important to Know
Admission into the Larimer Campus RN program is an application process.
- View the Registered Nursing Admissions Ranking Table.
- If two applicants tie, they are ranked in the order their application was received.
- Applicants must apply during the specified application period. Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept materials after the posted deadline.
- Immunizations, AHA BLS Provider card, drug screen, and a background check will be required once admission to the program is offered.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply to FRCC.
2. Complete the Pre-Registration form to determine if you need to take an academic assessment before registering for classes.
- For more information, visit the Testing Center page.
- MAT 103 must be taken concurrently with NUR 109
3. Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of C or higher:
ENG 121 English Composition I (3 credits) - or - ENG 122 English Composition II (3 credits)
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- HWE 100 Human Nutrition (3 credits) - or - HPR 108 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit)
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)
- Optional: BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab). It is optional to take this course prior to applying. Applicants receive two additional points on application if a grade of “C” or better is earned prior to applying.
- If prerequisites are repeated, no more than one D or F in each course is allowed in the previous 5 years.
- All required science courses must be completed within 7 years of entry into the RN program. We will only look at the first two attempts of science courses within those 7 years and will take the higher grade.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for ENG 121 or ENG 122, PSY 235, BIO 201, and BIO 204 (HPR 108 or HWE 100 and BIO 202 are excluded from the calculation).
- Prerequisites may not be in progress at the time of applying.
4. Credit must be transferred to FRCC prior to submitting an application to the RN program.
- If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying.
The transfer credit evaluation can take up to 30 days once all documentation is received.
Learn more about the transfer process.
5. Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam.
- Subjects required: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry.
- A minimum average score of 80% in Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry is required to apply to the RN program. To calculate your average score, add scores for Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry, and divide by 4.
- The HESI A-2 may only be taken once in 365 days and test scores can be used for up to 15 months.
- The exam is offered at the FRCC/Larimer Campus Testing Center (exam cannot be taken on Saturdays) and Prometric Testing Centers.
- Learn more about taking the HESI A-2
6. Complete the online Registered Nursing application.
Applications for Spring 2022 will be accepted September 6 - 10, 2021.
- Applicants must upload electronic copies of the following documentation with their application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- Grades for prerequisite coursework must be listed on your FRCC transcript when applying. If prerequisite coursework has not transferred to FRCC, review step 4 above.
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) within 30 days after the deadline.