Applications for the Fall 2016 semester will be accepted February 15 - March 25, 2016. See Step 6 (below) for link to application.
Important to Know:
- Admission into the Front Range Community College/Larimer Campus Nursing Program is an application process.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Applications are accepted twice a year, once for fall and once for spring admission.
- Any student who has failed a FRCC nursing course is ineligible to apply.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply to FRCC
- Take the Community College Placement Tests through the FRCC Testing Center, or submit ACT/SAT scores if taken within the past five years. Test into MAT 103 by completing MAT 050-Quantitative Literacy, or the Elementary Algebra assessment test with a score of 60 or higher. (Higher level math courses are also accepted. Math 107 does not qualify.)
- Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher:
a. ENG 121 English Composition I
b. PSY 235 Human Growth and Development
c. HPR 108 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit) - or - HWE 100 Human Nutrition (3 credits) recommended if pursuing a BSN
d. BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
e. BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
*All science courses must be within 7 years of entry into the nursing program.
A minimum GPA of 2.75 in these five courses is required. If prerequisite coursework is repeated, no more than one ‘D’ or ‘F’ in each of these courses is allowed. No prerequisite coursework may be ‘in progress’ at the time of application.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Admissions & Records Department. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before making application. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after Admissions & Records receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation form. To be considered 'official' transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Admissions & Records department.
- Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam. The subject areas are: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology and Chemistry. You must have a minimum cumulative score of 75% on the HESI to apply to the Nursing program. The exam may only be taken once in 365 days, and you may take it at the FRCC Larimer Campus Testing Center or a Prometric Testing Center. Learn more about taking the HESI exam.
- Optional: A Medical Terminology course from an accredited college with a grade of ‘C’ or higher (1-3 credits). FRCC courses are HPR 178 or HPR 208. If taken at another college, the course must be transferred to your FRCC transcript.
- Applications for Fall 2016 admission will accepted February 15 - March 25, 2016. A link to the application will be available here, starting February 15. The following documentation will be required with your application:
a. Unofficial FRCC transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
b. HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) 30 days after the deadline.