Important to Know
- Admission into the FRCC Larimer Campus Nursing Program is an application process. See the application ranking criteria.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Applications are accepted once a year - in the spring for fall admission.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.
- Please note, regarding online classes:
- NUR 101 Pharmacology Calculations is not accepted for credit to meet program completion requirements by the Larimer campus Practical Nursing program, if taken online.
- BIO 106 Basic Anatomy and Physiology will be accepted if taken online.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply to FRCC
2. Complete the Pre-Registration form to determine if you need to take an academic assessment before registering for classes. For more information, visit the Testing Center page.
3. Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher. These must be completed before starting the nursing courses, and can be taken summer semester.
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- BIO 106 Basic Anatomy & Physiology —OR—
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I AND BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- If prerequisites are repeated, no more than one D or F in each course is allowed within the previous 5 years.
- Required science courses must be completed within 7 years of entry into the practical nursing program. Effective August 17, 2019, we will only look at the first two attempts of science courses.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the FRCC Registrar receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation form. To be considered 'official' transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Office of the Registrar.
4. Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam.
- The subject areas are: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry.
- A minimum cumulative score of 60% percent is required to apply to the practical nursing program.
- March 30, 2019 the HESI A-2 may only be taken once in 365 days, test scores are valid for 15 months.
- The exam is offered at the FRCC/Larimer Campus Testing Center (exam cannot be taken on Saturdays) and Prometric Testing Centers.
- Learn more about taking the HESI exam.
5. Complete the online Practical Nursing program application.*
* Priority placement is over, however, we are still accepting applications on space availability
- Required Documentation:
- You will need to upload electronic copies of the following documentation with your application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records.
- You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) within 30 days after the deadline.