Apply to become a student at FRCC
Tip: You will also need to apply to the Practical Nursing program (step 7). Students are admitted into the program each fall. The application period opens the first week of March.
Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher.
- ENG 1021 English Composition I
Anatomy & Physiology:
- BIO 1006 Basic Anatomy & Physiology —OR—
- BIO 2101 & BIO 2102 (Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II)
Prerequisites must be completed any time before starting fall practical nursing courses (including summer).
- If prerequisites are repeated, no more than one D or F in each course is allowed within the previous 5 years.
- Required science courses must be completed within 10 years of entry into the PN program. We will only look at the first two attempts of science courses within those 10 years and will take the higher grade.
The transfer credit evaluation can take up to 30 days once all documentation is received.
Complete the HESI A-2 Entrance Exam with a minimum average score of 60% in the following required subjects: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry.
The HESI A-2 exam may only be taken once in 365 days. Test scores are valid for 15 months. The exam is offered at the Larimer Campus Testing Center and Prometric Testing Centers. The exam cannot be taken on Saturdays at the Larimer Campus Testing Center.
Fall 2023 applications will be accepted February 27- March 3, 2023. After March 3, applications will be accepted while seats are available or until June 1, whichever comes first.
Applicants must upload electronic copies of the following documentation with their application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Current CNA License - optional (receive 4 application points)
Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via the email(s) used when applying no later than 30 days after the application deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.
Apply to the Practical Nursing program.