Important to Know
- Admission into the FRCC Larimer Campus Nursing Program is an application process. See the application ranking criteria.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Applications are accepted once a year - in the spring for fall admission.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply to FRCC
2. Take the placement test through the FRCC Testing Center, or submit ACT 19/SAT 460 scores if taken within the past three years.
3. Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher. These must be completed before starting the nursing courses, and can be taken summer semester.
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- BIO 106 Basic Anatomy & Physiology —OR—
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I AND BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
All science courses must be within 7 years of entry into the nursing program.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the FRCC Registrar receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation form. To be considered 'official' transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Office of the Registrar.
4. Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam. The subject areas are: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology, and Chemistry. You must have a minimum cumulative score of 60% on the HESI to apply to the Nursing program. The exam may be taken twice in 365 day and test scores can be used for up to 15 months. You may take the exam at the FRCC Larimer Campus Testing Center or a Prometric Testing Center. Learn more about taking the HESI exam.
5. Complete the online Practical Nursing program application.
You will need to upload electronic copies of the following documentation with your application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records.
- You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) within 30 days after the deadline.