Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher (minimum grade point average of 3.0):
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development
- HPR 108 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit) recommended - or - HWE 100 Human Nutrition (3 credits
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 202 Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits with lab)*
- MAT 103 Math for Clinical Calculations - or - MAT 120 Math for Liberal Arts or higher
- BIO 216 Pathophysiology* Must be completed prior to or during Summer 2022
- General Education Course in Arts & Humanities or Social & Behavioral Sciences
Retaking courses may result in a disadvantage. If prerequisite coursework is repeated, no more than one ‘D’ or ‘F’ in each of these courses is allowed.
*All science courses must have been completed within 10 years of entry into the nursing program.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the FRCC Registrar receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. To be considered 'official', transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Office of the Registrar.
Students are responsible for making sure they are eligible to register for MAT 103 if admitted to the program. Please discuss course eligibility with your Pathway advisor.
You must submit the current verification form. Your employer must verify the number of hours worked as a licensed LPN (1000 hours minimum within the last five years). *Use one verification form for each position.
Topic included on rubric. This essay is only used as a tie-breaker.
Applicants must upload electronic copies of the following documentation with your application:
- FRCC Transcript
- Transcript from Practical Nursing courses
- LPN License
- Employment Verification Form
- HESI A-2 Admission Assessment Exam Cumulative Report
- Essay (Optional)
Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via the email(s) used when applying.
Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.