Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher:
- ENG 1021 English Composition I
- PSY 2440 Human Growth and Development
- HPR 1010 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit) recommended - or - HWE 1050 Human Nutrition (3 credits
- BIO 2101 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 2104 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
*All science courses must have been completed within 10 years of entry into the nursing program.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 in these five courses is required. If prerequisite coursework is repeated, no more than one ‘D’ or ‘F’ in each of these courses is allowed. No prerequisite coursework may be in progress at the time of application.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the FRCC Registrar receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. To be considered 'official', transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Office of the Registrar.
Students are responsible for making sure they are eligible to register for MAT 1120 if admitted to the program. Please discuss course eligibility with your Pathway advisor.
Employment Or Volunteer Experience Verification (Optional)
Healthcare or customer service related employment or volunteer time within the last 5 years.
- If you have 250 or more hours of work or volunteer experience in healthcare or customer service, your employer must verify the number of hours (250 minimum to 2000) you have worked/volunteered in the last five years. You may submit more than one verification form. You must also submit a job description.
Bio 2102 (Optional)
- Only the grade from the first attempt of BIO 2102 will be considered.
Military Service (Optional)
See rubric on how essays are scored.
Applicants must upload electronic copies of the following documentation with your application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Admission Assessment Exam Cumulative Report
- Job description and letter from employer or volunteer supervisor (if applicable)
- Bachelors Degree Transcripts, Military Service DD-214, and Essay (Optional)
Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via the email(s) used when applying no later than 45 business days after the application deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.