Thursday, April 12th from 6-7pm in C0301
Wednesday, May 9th from 6-7pm in C0301
Each month, Susan Faltinson, IPP Director, holds an information session and gives an overview of the program. Sessions are held at the Westminster Campus in room C-0208 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. See the calendar for upcoming dates.
Each prospective student is required to attend one of these sessions prior to starting the program. For questions about the information session, contact Susan.Faltinson@frontrange.edu.
For questions about ASL courses, please contact Michelle.Stricklen@frontrange.edu.
Before entering the FRCC Interpreter Preparation program students must successfully pass these classes with a B grade or better:
- ANT 101: Cultural Anthropology (C grade or better)
- ASL 121: American Sign Language I
- ASL 122: American Sign Language II
- ENG 121: English Composition I OR ENG 122: English Composition II
If transferring ASL 121 or 122 courses from another Colorado community college, students must have taken ASL 122 within the last 2 years of entry into the program.
To waive ASL 121 and 122 class requirements, challenge exams must be passed with 80% or better if:
- ASL 122 was taken more than two year ago
- ASL classes were taken at a four-year school
- ASL skills were acquired in another way
The challenge exams are video tests and take about 45 minutes each. Contact Barbara.Meddaugh@frontrange.edu to learn what to expect from each exam, and to sign up.
How To Apply
- Apply to FRCC
- Complete the Enrollment Checklist. See how to get started.
- Attend an IPP information session. See the calendar for upcoming dates.
- Complete course prerequisites listed above
- Complete a one-page IPP application (contact Nicole.Mendiola@frontrange.edu for application)
- The application deadline for a fall semester start is in May. If applying after that time, students may be placed on a wait list.
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Typically a wait list is used.
- Students may apply for the IPP for the coming fall even though they are finishing the prerequisites during the spring and summer, and a spot will be held.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance in early June if they have already met all requirements, or in early August if they are still completing requirements in the spring and summer.
- There will be a mandatory new student orientation for all new and returning IPP students.