The RN-BSN Completion Program has three application periods each year. Once admitted, students may choose their start date as outlined below.
||When to Apply
||March 16- April 15, 2020
||Summer 2020 or Fall 2020
||May 1- June 1, 2020
||Fall 2020 or Summer 2021
||Spring 2021 or Summer 2021
- We are currently seeking CCNE accreditation.
Who can Apply?
The RN-BSN Completion Program is designed for two types of students:
- A student who has graduated from a regionally accredited Associate Degree Nursing program (ADN) and has a current unencumbered nursing license to practice in Colorado. Effective March 16, 2020, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in nursing courses.
- CCCS policy (BP 9-71 Transfer Credit) Credit can only be transferred from “regional accrediting associations.”
We are unable to make exceptions to this rule.
- The sending institution must have been regionally accredited for the entire time the student was earning the applicable credits.
- Contact Laura O’Leary with further questions.
A student who has successfully completed their first semester of a regionally accredited Associate Degree in Nursing program (ADN) and continues to be enrolled in an ADN program. Effective March 16, 2020, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in nursing courses.
Steps to Apply
- Select Health Sciences and Wellness for Area of Interest
- Select Nursing: RN-BSN Program for degree or certificate
2. Attach supplemental documents to your submitted admission application:
- Unofficial college transcript
- Verification of Enrollment from ADN Program Director (current ADN students only)
- Valid RN Colorado or compact state license from a regionally accredited program (ADN graduates only)
How to Upload Supplemental Documents:
- After completing the online application, click Submit Application.
- Click on the My Account link in the menu.
- Click on Step 4. Submit Supplemental Items
- Click the Choose File button next to each item and upload the relevant document.
- When you have successfully uploaded a document, the submission status will show as Received.
- Applications are not considered complete until all supplemental items have been submitted and the college has verified the uploaded documents.
- Space in the program is limited. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. Acceptances are given on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the class is full, eligible students who are not admitted due to space limitations will be offered a seat in a future semester.
Do not complete these tasks until prompted:
- Complete the RN to BSN Acceptance Form
- Submit and pass a background check
- Transcript evaluation
- This step only needs to be completed if you have unmet General Education Requirements and completed them at another institution.
- Courses will be evaluated on an individual basis (course-by-course) basis.
- General Education requirements will not automatically be waived if a bachelor's degree (or higher) has already been earned.
- Drug Screen
TDAP (within 10 years)
MMR (two doses or positive titer)
Varicella (two doses or positive titer; documentation of having the disease does not qualify)
Hepatitis B (three doses or positive titer)
Influenza (must be renewed annually)
Two-Step TB Skin Test or Quantiferon TB Test (after initial testing, a single skin test or Quantiferon TB Test is required annually)
Required prior to starting clinicals
- Current AHA BLS Provider CPR Certification
Select one of the following options: