First, you will need to apply to FRCC and declare your major in Vet Tech. Also, you must attend an informational meeting and submit a separate application to the program. Make special note of prerequisite courses below and be sure to complete the following steps:
- Attend Required Informational Meeting:
Important Update: In response to COVID-19, the Vet Tech Informational Meeting is currently online only.
Watch the Session
If you have additional questions after watching please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Math and English Placement:
There are multiple ways for you to be placed into the appropriate college level Math and English courses for the Veterinary Technician Program. To determine your placement:
To discuss your Math and English placement, please visit with a Health Sciences & Wellness (HSW) Pathways Advisor. HSW Pathways Advisors are located in the Advising and Career Center, Mount Antero building, Room 450. You can make an appointment in person or over the phone at (970) 204-8332.
- Meet with Your HSW Pathways Advisor:
Please meet with your HSW Pathways Advisor to further discuss the Veterinary Technician program. HSW Pathways Advisors are located in the Advising and Career Center, Mount Antero building, Room 450. You can make an appointment in person or over the phone at (970) 204-8332.
- Submit Transcripts (if applicable):
If you took prerequisite coursework outside of FRCC, transcripts must be officially evaluated through the FRCC Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying.
- Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form are received (eWolf >Student Resources>Student Forms>Transfer Credit Evaluation Form).
- Complete Required Prerequisite Courses*:
*These courses need to appear on your transcript as transferred in, completed, or in progress for you to be placed on the VET class or waiting list. Please wait to send your Veterinary Technician application until your transcript is complete. Your combined grade point average (GPA) on these five courses must be at least a 2.5.
- Complete and Submit the Veterinary Technology Application:
Applications are only accepted online. Please note:
- Admission into the Vet Tech program is a separate step from admission to the college.
- You MUST attach the required documentation to the application!
- You will then be placed on the class list or waiting list for entry into the program. We will try to contact you within two weeks to let you know where you stand.
Complete General Education Credits:
If you have any questions regarding VET program information or admission into the program please contact Marti Morgan
(970) 204-8187, the Program Director Kimberly Schmidt
(970) 204-8670, or the Pathways Advising and Career Center at (970) 204-8332.
New Student Resources