Step 1: Attend a Mandatory Information Session
The Gateway to College enrollment process starts with attending a mandatory Information Session. Space is limited and acceptance is not guaranteed, so if you are interested in applying, be sure to register for an Information Session soon! See upcoming session dates and register to attend.
During the Information Session you will:
- Receive detailed information on the Gateway to College program, and the expectations and benefits of the program.
- Be able to ask any questions you may have about your application materials or basic eligibility requirements.
- Meet the program staff and discuss why you are interested in this program.
- Take a preliminary reading level test.
You are encouraged to invite your parent/guardian and any other supportive adult to join you.
Please Note: If students decide to pursue their Gateway to College application, they are expected to return the next day (the day after the Information Session) to complete their Front Range Community College online application as well as the following week for required testing. Details will be provided during the Information Session
Check-in is at the Gateway to College office:
Front Range Community College - Westminster Campus:
3645 W. 112th Ave.
Room C0960 (see building map)
Westminster, CO 80031
See map & directions to the Westminster Campus.
Step 2: Take the Placement Assessment
If you decide you want to continue with the application process, you will need to take a placement test. We have set testing dates and you will select one when you register to attend an information session. More details will be provided at the information session.
Step 3: Complete an Application
Gather the paperwork you need.
- Referral Form – Ask your high school counselor to complete this online form.
- Transcripts – Request a copy of your transcripts from the last high school you attended.
Step 4: Participate in an Individual Interview
Your interview will be with a FRCC Gateway to College staff member. This is our chance to get to know you in an individual setting and learn more about your strengths and motivations.
You must bring all of your application materials with you (see Step 3).
Step 5: Application Review
Your application is reviewed by the school district and the FRCC Gateway to College selection committee for the following:
- Applicant meets all the eligibility requirements.
- Application is complete and all application materials were turned in by the deadline.
- Applicant achieves the minimum standard scores on all evaluations.
- Applicant displays positive behavior, attitude, and participation at the evaluation sessions and during any follow-up interviews.
- Applicant displays a commitment to completing the Gateway to College program.
Step 6: If You Are Accepted
Acceptance is not guaranteed. If accepted, you will be called to arrange an acceptance meeting. At that meeting you will receive the following documents:
- A letter of acceptance
- Your class schedule
- Contact information for your resource specialist
- Information about books
- A student handbook
- A semester calendar
If you have not heard from us within three weeks of your interview, you may check your acceptance status by calling us. Do not wait until the first day of classes to check on your acceptance status.