This program is offered in the Fall & Spring Semester
- Students must take both HPR 1020 and HPR 2089 in the same semester at the same campus.
- Computer and internet access needed for completion of course content.
- Scrubs and a white lab coat required for participation in lab classes.
- A watch that can count 60 seconds (cell phones may not be used as a watch).
Recommended Immunizations & Requirements
It is recommended that students are current on the following vaccinations and recommendations. While they are not required for the phlebotomy program at FRCC they are typically required for employment as a phlebotomist.
- TB Test (valid for one year)
- Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B Series (three shots) or proof of immunity via a titer
- Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR, two shots or proof of immunity via a titer)
- 2 Varicella a.k.a. Chickenpox (proof of vaccination, immunity via a titer or MD documented disease)
- Seasonal influenza vaccine October - March
- COVID-19 vaccine series
- Current American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR cards (valid for two years).
- Ability to pass a background check and 10-panel drug screen.