FRCC is partnering with the Colorado School of Mines to offer the Mines Academy. Creating a clear and economical path to a bachelor's degree from Mines, we'll help you plan and complete prescribed coursework that's designed to make your transition to Mines a smooth one. Along the way, you can earn an Associate of Engineering Science (AES) Degree—and can save more than $16,000 by completing your first two years at FRCC.
Mines Academy is engineered to support your success, combining high-quality instruction with support services and valuable community connections. As a participant, you'll:
- Find support through resources like TRIO Student Support Services (for first-generation students, those with limited income, and students with disabilities), accessibility services, academic supports, FRCC scholarships or STEM groups.
- Take high-quality math, science and engineering courses at FRCC with small faculty-student ratios.
- Engage with Mines’ student success offices early and often, including Center for Academic Services and Advising, Financial Aid and the Mines Career Center.
- Have access to resources and events at Mines such as sporting events, career and professional speakers and presentations.
- Be part of an engineering community with academic peers who support each other both at FRCC and Mines.
Earn Guaranteed Admission
Mines Academy participants have the opportunity to earn guaranteed admission to Mines by completing the required coursework, maintaining a certain GPA and participating
in co-curricular events.
Eligibility & Next Steps
To be eligible for Mines Academy, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated from high school
- Are currently taking or completed Calculus I
- Have declared AES degree (General Engineering preferred)
Want to join the Mines Academy? The first step is filling out the interest form below. Once we've verified your eligibility, you'll receive an email that confirms your enrollment and includes next steps.east Mines Academy Interest Form