Important Test-Day Notes
- The math and sentence skills placement tests can be taken together or separately.
- The assessment is not timed, but usually takes one to two hours to complete.
- Plan ahead. Come to the testing center at least two hours before it closes. We will not start assessments the last hour we are open. See testing center locations and hours of operation (be sure to choose the campus where you'll be taking the test).
- Bring your student ID number and a government-issued photo ID.
- The assessmentis free to take the first time. Students can re-test once per semester at a cost of $5 per section. Students can test a total of four times in a five year period.
Tutoring for the Assessment
The FRCC Larimer Campus offers in-person support at two locations. Contact them to learn more:
Study Guides for the Placement Assessment
Downloads may require the current version of Adobe® Acrobat Reader, which you can download free.
For more information on the Math competencies covered on the placement test, see the Department Resources and Activities section on the Westminster Campus Math Department page.
Biology and Chemistry Study Guides
Additional Math Study Guides
Additional Reading and Writing Study Guides