Study Guides for the Placement Assessment
- Arithmetic (PDF), Aritmética (PDF)
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (PDF)
- Advanced Algebra and Functions (PDF), Algebra-Spanish (PDF)
- Writing (PDF), Study Guide - Writing Spanish
- Chemistry List of Topics
- Math 201 Placement Exam Content
- Khan Academy (free online tutorials with videos - requires online registration)
Please Note: Placement tests for Biology, Chemistry, and Calculus 1 may only be taken once.
Additional Math Study Guides
- Online math skills course
- West Texas A&M University math Accuplacer study guide
Additional Reading and Writing Study Guides
Important Test-Day Notes
- The math and sentence skills placement tests can be taken together or separately.
- The assessment is not timed, but usually takes one to two hours to complete.
- Plan ahead. Come to the testing center at least two hours before it closes. We will not start assessments the last hour we are open. See testing center locations and hours of operation (be sure to choose the campus where you'll be taking the test).
- Bring your student ID number and a government-issued photo ID.
- The assessment is free to take the first time. Students can re-test once per semester at a cost of $5 per section. Students can test a total of four times in a five year period.
Tutoring for the Assessment
The FRCC Larimer Campus offers support at the Center for Adult Learning - Fort Collins (at the main Larimer Campus, in the Blanca Peak Building, Room 107C). Contact them to learn more.