How to Get In-State Tuition
To be considered for in-state tuition, you can complete the Residency Qualification for High School Rule form if you:
- Attended a high school in Colorado for at least three years (or six semesters) and graduated, or earned a High School equivalency (GED/HiSET/TASC).
- Attended or will attend a college in Colorado within 12 months of high school graduation.
- Have not attended FRCC as a non-resident.
Complete the Residency Qualification for High School Rule form no later than 30 days after the start of your earliest course. If you miss the deadline, you will need to submit a Petition For Residency form.
When completing the online form, be ready to upload a copy of:
- Your final high school transcript that shows your graduation date, or your High School equivalency (GED/HiSET/TASC) certificate or scores.
- Proof that you attended or were admitted to a college in Colorado within 12 months of high school graduation.
- This could be an acceptable letter or unofficial transcript from that college.
See how to get in-state tuition if you are not a U.S. citizen.