It is never too early to start thinking about transferring. This timeline will guide you on actions you need to take along the way to earning your associate degree to help you have a smooth transition to your intended transfer institution.
What to do at 0-15 Credits:
Meet with an academic advisor to help you determine which classes to take.
- Work with your campus' career services office or counselor to explore career pathways that tie to your interests, skills and education.
- Start researching majors and degree options at four-year schools that interest you.
- Consult DegreeCheck for graduation requirements to ensure your classes will apply to your degree.
- Attend an on-campus transfer fair to get answers to your questions about various four-year schools.
What to do at 15 – 45 Credits:
- Continue to meet with an academic advisor to make sure you are meeting your degree requirements.
- Talk with an admissions representative/advisor from the school(s) you're interested in transferring to confirm the transfer and course requirements.
- Verify your credits on DegreeCheck to make sure you're on track to graduate on time.
- Visit four-year schools and gather information about the school, your major's requirements and deadlines.
What to do at 46 – 60 Credits:
- Complete online applications for your intended transfer institution(s). Understand all applicable dates and deadlines!
- Order FRCC official transcripts to be sent to your four-year school(s).
- Ask faculty, employers, etc for letters of recommendation for your four-year school and/or scholarships.
- Complete a FAFSA and begin submitting scholarship applications.
- Apply to graduate from FRCC!