Steps to Begin
1. Attend Mandatory Information Session at the Westminster Campus.
- If you do not listen to the Info Session PowerPoint and follow the directions prior to getting on the waitlist, you will not be waitlisted.
2. Apply to FRCC.
3. Complete Prerequisite Coursework.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 in these seven courses is required.
- The following prerequisite coursework must be completed before enrolling in the program, with a letter grade of “C” or better:
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- MAT107 Career Mathematics or higher
- HPR 208 Medical Record Terminology (2 credits)
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
- The following courses can be in progress when enrolling in the program:
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab)*
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development*
*Please Note: Sciences must be taken within 7 years of entry into the program.
4. Get on the waitlist.
Follow the directions in the Info Session PowerPoint to be added to the STE waitlist.
5. Attend a mandatory orientation for the Surgical Technology program.
- The Program Director will contact all students to confirm date, time and location
- If students do not attend orientation they will be dropped from the program
Have Prerequisites from Another College?
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Registrar's office.
- All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript.
- Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after Admissions & Records receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. Be sure to specify AAS in Surgical Technology as your degree plan.
- To be considered official, transcripts may not be issued to the student; transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Admissions & Records department.
All immunizations need to be current throughout the program. Allied Health students who are in programs that have a clinical rotation requirement must have proof of the following to go to their clinical site:
- American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR cards (valid for two years), except EMS which follows the Colorado State guidelines for CPR.
- Passing a background check and drug test through FRCC will also be required.
- Students will register for the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) within their clinical rotation. This registration is required to work in the state of Colorado.