Steps to Apply
1. Attend Mandatory Information Session at the Westminster Campus
You must attend a Surgical Technology Program Information Session before you register for the program.
2. Apply to FRCC
3. Complete Prerequisite Coursework
A minimum GPA of 2.75 in these seven courses is required.
- The following prerequisite coursework must be completed before enrolling in the program, with a letter grade of “C” or better
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- MAT107 Career Mathematics or higher
- HPR 208 Medical Record Terminology (2 credits)
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
- The following courses can be in progress when enrolling in the program
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab)*
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development*
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Registrar's office.
- All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript.
- Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after Admissions & Records receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. Be sure to specify AAS in Surgical Technology as your degree plan.
- To be considered official, transcripts may not be issued to the student; transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Admissions & Records department.
All Allied Health Students who are in programs that have a Clinical Rotation requirement must have proof of the following, to go to their clinical site:
- TB Test (valid for one year and must remain current throughout the program)
- Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B Series (three shots) or proof of immunity via a titer
- Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR, two shots or proof of immunity via a titer)
- 2 Varicella a.k.a. Chickenpox (proof of vaccination, immunity via a titer or disease)
- Seasonal influenza vaccine October – March
- American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR cards (valid for two years), except EMS which follows the Colorado State guidelines for CPR.
- Passing a background check and drug test through FRCC will also be required.