Steps to Apply
1. Attend Mandatory Information Session at the Westminster Campus
You must attend a Surgical Technology Program Information Session before you register for the program.
2. Apply to FRCC
3. Complete Prerequisite Coursework
A minimum GPA of 2.75 in these seven courses is required.
- The following prerequisite coursework must be completed before applying to the program, with a letter grade of “C” or better
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- MAT107 Career Mathematics or higher
- HPR 208 Medical Record Terminology (2 credits)
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
- The following courses can be in progress when applying to the program
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab)*
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development*
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Registrar's office.
- All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying.
- Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the FRCC Registrar receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. Be sure to specify AAS in Surgical Technology as your degree plan.
- To be considered official, transcripts may not be issued to the student; transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Registrar.
All Allied Health Students who are in programs that have a Clinical Rotation requirement must have proof of the following, to go to their clinical site:
- TB Test (valid for one year and must remain current throughout the program)
- Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B Series (three shots) or proof of immunity via a titer
- Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR, two shots or proof of immunity via a titer)
- 2 Varicella a.k.a. Chickenpox (proof of vaccination, immunity via a titer or disease)
- Seasonal influenza vaccine October – March
- American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR cards (valid for two years), except EMS which follows the Colorado State guidelines for CPR.
- Passing a background check and drug test through FRCC will also be required.