Need Help Paying for Child Care?
Through CCAMPIS—a federal grant program—FRCC students with children under the age of 12 can get help covering up to 60% of their monthly child care costs.
Learn More About CCAMPIS
CCAMPIS Program Is At Capacity
To stay informed about updates and when applications will reopen, please fill out the CCAMPIS Interest Form. We look forward to assisting you when the application process re-opens.
- You are a Colorado resident
- You are enrolled part-time or full-time at any FRCC campus
- You are eligible for Pell grants — based on financial need
- You are seeking a degree or certificate
- You have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
You Get Special Priority If You:
- Earn a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enroll in 9 or more credits
- Are a veteran and/or are military-related
- Have a low expected family contribution on your financial aid award
Have more questions about CCAMPIS at FRCC? See Child Care FAQs.
- Complete the online application
- The CCAMPIS Advisory Committee will review your application and select a group of
student-parents at the beginning of every semester. Please note:
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
- Awards will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis
- When cohort slots are filled, we will start a wait list
- If an opening becomes available, a CCAMPIS Coordinator will contact you
- The CCAMPIS Coordinator will contact you to let you know whether you've been selected for the program. If you've been accepted into the program, a coordinator will schedule a time to meet with you to go over your child care subsidy amount, the requirements of the program and help you review the list of eligible child care providers.
- Once you select an eligible child care provider, the CCAMPIS Coordinator will make payment arrangements with the provider.
To receive CCAMPIS funding, your child care provider must be:
- State licensed
- Nationally accredited OR in the process of seeking accreditation within the next three years
- OR a Colorado Shines Level 3 or higher, OR in the process of seeking a Level 3 or higher
If the child care provider is a before/after school program, the provider must be state licensed.
If your current child care provider does not meet these requirements you can choose a provider that does and has partnered with FRCC. See list of child care providers.