In this Section
When the Financial Aid Office reviews applications, we want to ensure that each student receives their aid correctly. We are required to review the overall eligibility of each student who applies. Below is a list of the general eligibility requirements to receive Federal Financial Aid:
- Be a US citizen, US permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen as defined by the US Department of Education. (If you do not meet this requirement, see students without citizenship status.)
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program. (Federal financial aid will only pay towards courses required for your eligible degree or certificate program.)
- Be in good standing in accordance with Front Range Community College's Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
- Meet the enrollment requirements for your specific award offer.
- Not be in default on a student loan or owe a repayment on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant at any educational institution.
- Not be co-enrolled in a secondary school.
- Not be receiving financial aid at another institution during the same semester that you are attempting to receive aid at Front Range Community College.
Corrections and Adjustments
Sometimes the information provided in the documentation a student submits doesn't match the FAFSA. When this happens, we may request clarification with the student or make a correction to the students FAFSA. Information on what documentation we may need to review your file will be available on eWOLF.
We will review incoming financial aid applications on a first come/first served basis. This is why it is important to apply for FAFSA and submit any documentation that is required to our office by the Priority Consideration Date.
How We Communicate With Students
Our office's primary means of communication is through eWOLF and sending email communications to your CCCS student email account. You can access your CCCS student email by clicking on the Student Email icon through eWOLF. It is very important for you to check your CCCS student email account regularly. To check on the status of your FAFSA application, log into eWOLF where you can see information specific to your student financial aid record.