Tutoring Services at Larimer Campus
The Academic Success Center (ASC) provides a variety of opportunities for students to achieve academic success at FRCC. Our tutorial services are provided to all FRCC students at no cost, and most require nothing more than walking in and requesting assistance. During a typical semester, ASC has more than 5,000 visits from FRCC students seeking tutorial help.
Our tutor services include resources available in the Learning Center, Support Centers for specific academic subjects, as well as individual/small group tutoring.
The Learning Center
The Learning Center (LC) offers a number of soft learning skills for students to choose from. They include modules on:
- time management
- reading college level textbooks
- college level note-taking
- how to study
- managing test anxiety
- and more!
In addition, the LC has tutors that can help you identify your particular learning style, and develop classroom/study strategies that support that learning style.
To learn more about the Learning Center and current hours of operation, scroll down on the Academic Success Center page to the Support Centers section.
Students are strongly encouraged to use any of our support centers for specific academic subjects, which are usually available daily each semester.
- There is no limit to the number of visits or the amount of time spent in one of these support centers.
- This complimentary resource provides group tutoring in:
- natural sciences
- computer-based classes
- To learn more about each Support Center and their hours of operation, scroll down on the Academic Success Center page to the Support Centers section.
Before applying for an individual/small-group tutor, we strongly encourage that you take advantage of the other complimentary tutor resources listed above.
- To request a tutor, students should first confirm they meet the eligibility requirements listed in the Tutor Request Form. (The form is also available at the ASC Office front desk, beginning the first class day of each semester.)
- After completing the Tutor Request Form, turn it in at the ASC Office front desk.
- Please note, forms will only be accepted on or after the 11th class day of each semester.
While waiting for potential notification of being assigned to a tutor, you should:
Go to class! Do not miss or skip classes, it will only put you further behind.
- Continue to use the Support Centers for drop-in group tutoring on specific academic subjects. They can act as a “bridge” until/if a tutor is assigned, and can be helpful in not letting you fall behind in your classes.
- Feel free to use the tutors in the Learning Center, if needed. Along with providing assistance with soft learning skills, they also offer individual tutoring in a variety of academic subjects.
- Check it out! To learn more about the Learning Center and current hours of operation, scroll down on the Academic Success Center page to the Support Centers section.
- Use the facilities in the ASC for quiet study! It is open Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All FRCC students are welcome to use this quiet study space.