Tutoring Services at Larimer Campus
The Academic Support Center (ASC) provides a variety of opportunities for students to achieve academic success at FRCC. Our tutoring services are provided to all FRCC students at no cost, and most require nothing more than walking in and requesting assistance.
Our tutoring services include resources available in the Learning Center, Support Centers in specific academic subjects, and individual/small group tutoring. During a typical semester, the ASC has more than 5,000 visits from FRCC students seeking tutorial help.
Before applying for an individual/small-group tutor, we strongly encourage you take advantage of the other complimentary tutor resources available through the Learning Center and Support Centers. Learn more.
Individual/small-group tutoring is available to FRCC students currently enrolled in on-campus courses. Students solely taking online courses are not eligible to receive individual tutoring and are encouraged to take advantage of the Learning Center and Support Centers. FRCC students seeking individual/small-group tutors must submit a Tutor Request Form at the ASC front desk (MA 350).
While waiting for potential notification of being assigned to a tutor, you should:
- Go to class! Do not miss or skip classes, it will only put you further behind.
- Continue to use the Support Centers for drop-in group tutoring on specific academic subjects. They can act as a “bridge” until (if) a tutor is assigned, and can be helpful in not letting you fall behind in your classes.
- Feel free to use the tutors in the Learning Center, if needed. Along with providing assistance with soft learning skills, they also offer individual tutoring in a variety of academic subjects.
- Check it out! To learn more about the Learning Center and current hours of operation, scroll down on the Academic Support Center page to the Support Centers section.
- Use the facilities in the ASC for considerate study! All FRCC students are welcome to use this study space.