Tutoring Services at Larimer Campus
The Academic Success Center provides a variety of opportunities for students to achieve academic success at FRCC. Our tutorial services are provided to all FRCC students at no cost, and most require nothing more than walking in and requesting assistance.
Our tutor services include resources available in the Learning Center, Support Centers for specific academic subjects, as well as individual/small group tutoring. During a typical semester, Academic Success Center has more than 5,000 visits from FRCC students seeking tutorial help.
Before applying for an individual/small-group tutor, we strongly encourage you take advantage of the other complimentary tutor resources available through the Learning Center and Support Centers. Learn more.
- To request a tutor, students should first confirm they meet the eligibility requirements listed in the Tutor Request Form. (The form is also available at the ASC Office front desk, beginning the first class day of each semester.)
- After completing the Tutor Request Form, turn it in at the ASC Office front desk.
- Please note, forms will only be accepted on or after the 11th class day of each semester.
While waiting for potential notification of being assigned to a tutor, you should:
Go to class! Do not miss or skip classes, it will only put you further behind.
- Continue to use the Support Centers for drop-in group tutoring on specific academic subjects. They can act as a “bridge” until/if a tutor is assigned, and can be helpful in not letting you fall behind in your classes.
- Feel free to use the tutors in the Learning Center, if needed. Along with providing assistance with soft learning skills, they also offer individual tutoring in a variety of academic subjects.
- Check it out! To learn more about the Learning Center and current hours of operation, scroll down on the Academic Success Center page to the Support Centers section.
- Use the facilities in the ASC for quiet study! It is open Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All FRCC students are welcome to use this quiet study space.