Tutoring Services at Larimer Campus
The FRCC Larimer Campus offers one-on-one tutoring free of charge to eligible students. A list of private (not free) tutors will be provided to those who do not qualify for free tutoring services, or who wish to hire their own tutor.
Request Personal Tutoring
- Free drop-in Help Centers are available for math, most sciences, writing, accounting and economics. If there is a drop-in Help Center available for the class in which you want a tutor, you must use that Help Center at least twice before you turn in a request for a tutor.
- Download, complete and sign the Tutor Request Form.
- Drop off the form at the Learning Opportunity Center in the Mount Antero Building, Room 350 See building map.
- Complete two (2) half-hour appointments with an academic mentor in the Learning Lab to discuss your learning styles and successful learning strategies. Drop-in help is available during the day, and appointments are available Tuesday evenings. To schedule an appointment, contact the Learning Lab at (970) 204-8112 or stop by MA 350. See building map.
- After you have completed the two appointments with an academic mentor, a tutor will be assigned to you and will contact you to coordinate tutoring times.
Continuing with a Tutor
You will continue to be eligible for tutoring sessions as long as you:
- Attend classes and all tutoring sessions regularly.
- Attempt to complete your homework before all tutoring sessions.
- Arrive to all tutoring sessions on time, prepared with specific questions.