Tutoring Services at Larimer Campus
Coordinated by the Academic Success Center (ASC), the FRCC Larimer Campus offers limited one-on-one tutoring at no cost to eligible students.
A list of private (not free) tutors can be provided to those who do not qualify for free one-on-one tutoring services, or wish to hire their own tutor.
To Request Individual Tutoring
- Free drop-in academic support centers are normally available each semester for math, sciences, writing, language, computer science, accounting, and economics. If there is a drop-in academic support center available for the class in which you want an individual tutor, you must try and use that center several times before you turn in a request for a tutor.
- Download, complete and sign the Tutor Request Form.
- Drop off the form at the Learning Center in the Mount Antero Building, Room 350 See building map.
- Complete three (3) half-hour appointments with an academic mentor in the Learning Center to discuss your learning styles and successful learning strategies. Drop-in help is normally available during the day, Monday through Friday. During the summer contact ASC at (970) 204-8180 for summer hours.
- After you have completed the three appointments with a Learning Center tutor, an individual tutor will be assigned to you and will then contact you to coordinate a time and place for you to meet.
Continuing with a Tutor
You will continue to be eligible for tutoring sessions as long as you:
- Attend classes and all tutoring sessions regularly.
- Be prepared! Read assigned materials and attempt homework problems before meeting with your tutor.
- Bring important materials: textbook(s), class notes, a pen or pencil, class syllabus, written assignment, calculator and/or other materials with you to your tutoring appointment.
- Be on time for any appointment you make with an individual academic tutor. Cancel your appointments with your individual tutor if you find out you have a conflict.
- Arrive to all tutoring sessions on time, prepared with specific questions.