Tutoring Services at Larimer Campus
The Academic Success Center (ASC) provides a variety of opportunities for students to achieve academic success at FRCC. Our tutorial services are provided to all FRCC students at no cost, and most require nothing more than walking in and requesting assistance.
Our tutoring services include resources available in the Learning Center, Success Centers for support in specific academic subjects, and individual/small group tutoring. During a typical semester, the Academic Success Center has more than 5,000 visits from FRCC students seeking tutorial help.
Before applying for an individual/small-group tutor, we strongly encourage you take advantage of the other complimentary tutor resources available through the Learning Center and Success Centers. Learn more.
- FRCC students seeking individual/small-group tutors must submit a Tutoring Request Form at the Learning Opportunity Center front desk (MA 350).
- Forms are available the first day of the semester until three weeks prior to the end of the semester.
- To qualify for an individual tutor, students must attend one forty-five minute session in the Learning Center prior to being assigned a tutor. Tutor assignments will not be made until the Learning Center session has been completed.
- During this session, a Learning Center tutor will determine your learning style and provide you with studying, time management, and life balance skills based on that style.
- Learning Center sessions are provided on a walk-in basis only.
- A Learning Center session must be completed every semester a tutor request is made.
While waiting for potential notification of being assigned to a tutor, you should:
Go to class! Do not miss or skip classes, it will only put you further behind.
- Continue to use the Support Centers for drop-in group tutoring on specific academic subjects. They can act as a “bridge” until/if a tutor is assigned, and can be helpful in not letting you fall behind in your classes.
- Feel free to use the tutors in the Learning Center, if needed. Along with providing assistance with soft learning skills, they also offer individual tutoring in a variety of academic subjects.
- Check it out! To learn more about the Learning Center and current hours of operation, scroll down on the Academic Success Center page to the Support Centers section.
- Use the facilities in the ASC for quiet study! All FRCC students are welcome to use this quiet study space.
|Monday - Thursday
||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|| 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.