SARA Student Complaint & Grievance Process


Feel free to reach out to our team.

Online Learning Office

303-404-5513 or 970-204-8250
Email us


24x7 Help Desk

888-800-9198 (toll-free)
Get help online


What is SARA?

Front Range Community College is a participating member in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) through the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE).

The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.

Student Complaint and Grievance Process

If you are a Colorado resident attending a distance education program at a SARA (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) institution in another state, you will need to begin the grievance process at the institution you attend. In the event that institutional processes do not result in a successful resolution of your complaint, the SARA Portal Agency of that state is responsible for final resolution.

If you have a complaint or grievance related to Front Range Community College, follow the steps outlined in FRCC's Student Rights and Responsibilities.

To file a complaint against a Colorado institution of higher education, please visit the File A Student Complaint website.

For student complaint information by state and agency, visit the State Portal Entity Contacts page.