When the Financial Aid Office reviews applications, we want to ensure that each student receives their aid correctly. We are required to review the overall eligibility of each student who applies. Below is a list of the general eligibility requirements to receive Federal Financial Aid:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen as defined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Be registered with Selective Service (male students age 18 or older only)
- Be in good standing in accordance with Front Range Community College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policy
- Meet the enrollment requirements for your specific award offer
- Not be in default on a student loan or owe a repayment on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant at any educational institution
- Not be co-enrolled in a secondary school
- Not be receiving financial aid at another institution during the same semester that you are attempting to receive aid at Front Range Community College
- Not have been convicted for possession or sale of an illegal substance while receiving financial aid
Corrections and Adjustments
Sometimes the information provided in the documentation a student submits doesn't match the FAFSA. When this happens, we may request clarification with the student or make a correction to the students FAFSA. Information on what documentation we may need to review your file will be available on eWOLF, under the Student Finance tab.
We will review incoming financial aid applications on a first come/first served basis. This is why it is important to apply for FAFSA and submit any documentation that is required to our office by the Priority Consideration Date.
How we Communicate with Students
Our office's primary means of communication is through eWOLF and through sending email communications to your CCCS email account. It is very important for you to activate your CCCS email account (if you haven't already done so) and review it regularly once you have access to eWOLF. Messages are also provided to you through your eWOLF account. If you want to check on the status of your FAFSA application, you can log into eWOLF, click on the Student Finance Tab, then click on the link for "Award Overview." You can then see information specific to your student financial aid record.