Why Become an Apprentice?
Becoming an apprentice will give you the opportunity to gain on-the-job learning, a competitive advantage in the workforce, higher wages, and career advancement.
"The apprentice program combines book knowledge with the real life experience. This has tremendously impacted my learning-I am learning things in a real clinic with real patients, instead of only studying theories in a textbook. I feel prepared to enter the workforce."
CHELSEA COGGINS, FRCC APPRENTICE
- Increase your skills
- Earn higher wages
- Achieve a national credential
- Experience career advancement
- Give you a competitive advantage in your field
- Get paid while you go to school
- Earn college credit
After Apprenticeship Completion
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn an average of $300,000 more over their career when compared to peers who don't.
- After apprenticeship completion, 94% of apprentices retain employment.
Source: United States Department of Labor —apprenticeship.gov
Interested in exploring healthcare careers and apprenticeships in healthcare?
This free 7-week hybrid program will cover career exploration of healthcare careers, review of the apprenticeship model for training, digital literacy/skills for healthcare, communication and professionalism in healthcare, including resume development and interview skills. Lastly, each pre-apprentice will become CPR certified in Basic Life Support (BLS). Students will also be provided with employer contacts who are hiring apprentices in the healthcare sector. Students must be 17 yo and have a GED or HS Diploma
Dates: July 7 - August 18, 2021
Classes: In-person, Wednesdays from 8 am - 12 pm or 1 pm - 5pm with 4 hours online work per week. Attendance in person is required. Social distancing and masking will be followed.
For questions about the Pre-Apprenticeship program, contact Chris Heuston.
Current Apprenticeships with FRCC
Virtual Information Session
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about Apprenticeship Programs in the Healthcare field! Chris Heuston, Director of Healthcare Apprenticeships, will host a one-hour virtual session geared to individuals interested in becoming an apprentice in a healthcare occupation. We will discuss the following topics:
- What is an apprenticeship?
- What occupations in the healthcare field have an apprenticeship program?
- Different types of apprenticeship programs.
- What industry partners are involved?
- Where to get more information on health careers/programs.
- Answer Questions
Join us on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 6 pm - 7 pm
Join on Webex
Meeting number (access code): 120 807 9308
Meeting password: ZghUZ3ms5e3