Why Become an Apprentice?
Becoming an apprentice will give you the opportunity to gain on-the-job learning, a competitive advantage in the workforce, higher wages, and career advancement.
"The apprentice program combines book knowledge with the real life experience. This has tremendously impacted my learning-I am learning things in a real clinic with real patients, instead of only studying theories in a textbook. I feel prepared to enter the workforce."
CHELSEA COGGINS, FRCC APPRENTICE
- Increase your skills
- Earn higher wages
- Achieve a national credential
- Experience career advancement
- Give you a competitive advantage in your field
- Get paid while you go to school
- Earn college credit
After Apprenticeship Completion
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn an average of $300,000 more over their career when compared to peers who don't.
- After apprenticeship completion, 94% of apprentices retain employment.
Source: United States Department of Labor —apprenticeship.gov
Virtual Information Session
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about Apprenticeship Programs in the Healthcare field! Chris Heuston, Director of Healthcare Apprenticeships, will host a one-hour virtual session geared to individuals interested in becoming an apprentice in a healthcare occupation. We will discuss the following topics:
- What is an apprenticeship?
- What occupations in the healthcare field have an apprenticeship program?
- Different types of apprenticeship programs.
- What industry partners are involved?
- Where to get more information on health careers/programs.
- Answer Questions
Join us on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 6 pm - 7 pm
Join on Webex
Meeting number (access code): 120 807 9308
Meeting password: ZghUZ3ms5e3