Larimer Campus Practical Nursing Admissions
The Fall 2024 application period will be open from March 1 - 15, 2024
Before You Begin
- The practical nursing program has a competitive admission process. Each application is ranked and the top 24 students are granted admission into the program each fall semester.
- Immunizations, AHA BLS Provider card, drug screen, and a background check will be required once admitted to the program.
- The online application is available below (Step 6 below).
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Apply to become a student at FRCC
Tip: You will also need to apply to the Practical Nursing program (step 7). Students are admitted into the program each fall. The application period opens the first week of March.
Step 2: Meet with your advisor
Step 3: Complete prerequisites
Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher.
- ENG 1021 English Composition I
Anatomy & Physiology:
- BIO 1006 Basic Anatomy & Physiology —OR—
- BIO 2101 & BIO 2102 (Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II)
- Prerequisites must be completed any time before starting fall practical nursing courses (including summer).
- If prerequisites are repeated, no more than one D or F in each course is allowed within the previous 5 years.
- Required science courses must be completed within 10 years of entry into the PN program. We will only look at the first two attempts of science courses within those 10 years and will take the higher grade.
Step 4: Transfer credit to FRCC (if applicable)
The transfer credit evaluation can take up to 30 days once all documentation is received.
Step 5: Take the HESI A-2 exam
Complete the HESI A-2 Entrance Exam with a minimum average score of 60% in the following required subjects: Reading Comprehension, Biology, Chemistry, and Math.
The HESI A-2 may be taken twice in 365 days.
Cumulative reports can be used for up to 15 months.
Exam offered at FRCC Testing Centers and Proctor U.
Step 6: Apply to the Larimer Campus Practical Nursing program
Upload electronic copies of the following documentation to your application:
- If you’ve completed prerequisites, upload an unofficial copy of your FRCC transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted).
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam Cumulative Report
- The HESI A-2 may be taken twice in 365 days.
- All required sections must be submitted on one cumulative report (scores cannot be mixed and matched)
- Cumulative reports can be used for up to 15 months.
Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via the email(s) used when applying no later than 30 days after the application deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be processed, nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.