Tuition & Fees FAQs

Paying Tuition

Where do I pay my tuition?

  • In-person at the Cashier's Offices located at the Boulder County, Larimer and Westminster Campuses. Please note that cash payments are only accepted at the Boulder County Campus when a cashier is available.

  • Online in eWOLF. Select Pay My Bill on the dashboard.

  • By phone with a credit card at the Boulder County, Larimer, and Westminster campuses.

  • Payment plan in eWOLF. Available as an interest-free monthly payment plan (with a $35 enrollment fee). From Payments & Financial Aid, select Payments & Payment Plans.

How much is tuition?

See current tuition rates. The total cost of your education at FRCC is broken into tuition and fees. Fees vary by campus location and by class. See class-specific fees. Tuition at FRCC depend on factors such as residency & immigration status, course delivery, campus location, etc. Tuition is charged per credit hour. See total tuition and fees by credit hour.

When is the deadline to pay tuition?

Payment is due on the deadline date. See the current payment deadline

  • If you enroll after the primary payment deadline, your tuition is due on the first day of the last part of the term.
  • If you enroll after the last part of the term for a late start course, your tuition will be due by the last day of the term.

You may not receive a bill prior to the payment deadline. You can check your outstanding balance anytime online via eWOLF. Select the Pay My Bill icon on the dashboard.

What happens if I cannot pay by the payment deadline?

A $100 late charge will be applied to your account after the payment deadline


What are the fees and can I opt-out of any fees?

Fees and charges consist of the following: registration fee, student life related services, high-cost course fee, student center and bond fees, parking, program fees, and career and technical program fees.

Where can I find my account balance?

To view your current tuition balance, log in to your eWOLF account and click on the Pay My Bill icon on the Dashboard.

What payment types does the Cashier's Office accept?

Cash, Money Order, Check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Third Party Authorization and Financial Aid.

What if my Financial Aid is not enough to pay for my classes?

You must pay the remaining balance with cash, check or credit card. You may sign up for a deferred monthly payment plan.

When will my financial aid (grants, student loans, scholarships) disburse?

Disbursement of financial aid into student accounts will occur after the last day to drop for full-term courses.

Payment Plans

Does FRCC offer a payment plan?

Yes! The college offers a payment plan through Nelnet Business Solutions. All deferred payment arrangements are made online.Learn how to sign up for a payment plan.

When will money be withdrawn from my bank account for the payment plan?

The payment plan specifies the date each payment will occur, but your financial institution (i.e. your bank) determines the time of day the payment is debited. Check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds need to be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.

What happens if my automatic payment is returned?

If an automatic bank payment or credit card payment is returned, a $30 fee will be automatically assessed to your account and you will be notified via mail or email. The payment will be reattempted up to three more times during the semester on the 20th and 5th of the month. If the final draft for the term is unsuccessful, payment needs to be made directly to the college.<

How is my payment plan adjusted if I add or drop classes?

  • The college adjusts the payment plan within ten (10) business days for increases and three (3) business days for decreases, prior to payments being drafted. Adjustments will take longer when classes are not in session.
  • Payments will be based on the signed agreement, unless otherwise notified by Nelnet.
  • Agreements are never terminated by the college if a student has a zero balance.  Instead electronic notification is sent to the payment plan vendor to zero out the agreement.

If the payment plan is not showing on my account, does that mean my payment plan is not set up?

Not necessarily. Once you receive an agreement number, the payment plan is confirmed and in place. This confirmation will be sent to FRCC and will place a hold on your account. The payment may not show on your student account for up to 7-10 business days.

Why can't I see the payment plan web pages?

There are three common causes why you may not be able to see the pages:

    Some browsers don't perform well with the Nelnet website. Internet Explorer provides the best compatibility.
  1. Avoid using your browser "back" button. It may cause errors in set up or transactions.
  2. The set-up screen automatically closes after 10 minutes to protect your personal information

Do I need to make payments if I signed up for a payment plan but my financial aid comes through?

Yes, you are responsible for any unpaid balance until financial aid is disbursed to your account and reduces your account balance.


How do I establish residency?

For tuition purposes, you are classified as a Colorado resident or non-resident based on the information you provide on your admissions application. To qualify for in-state tuition you must:

    Physically reside in Colorado for 12 consecutive months.
  • Have legal ties to Colorado for 12 consecutive months preceding the beginning of the first day of the term with the intent to remain in Colorado indefinitely.
    See more information on establishing residency.

What is the difference between in-state and out-of-state residency? 

For tuition purposes, you are classified as a Colorado resident or non-resident based on the information you provide on your admissions application. Please see our residency page for more information about residency classification.

For more information about petition for residency, reduced non-resident tuition, Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), and military options, please visit our residency page.

The state of Colorado pays a portion of the total cost of undergraduate degrees for Colorado residents attending Colorado public institutions. This reduces your out-of-pocket tuition and is called the College Opportunity Fund (COF stipend).

See our Tuition and Fees page for current resident and non-resident tuition rates and fees.

How do residency and immigration status affect school fees?

Residency and immigration do not affect fees, but they do affect the amount of tuition you will pay. See current tuition rates.

See how to establish residency to qualify for in-state tuition.

College Opportunity Fund (COF)

What is the College Opportunity Fund and how do I apply for it?

The College Opportunity Fund is used by the state of Colorado to pay a portion of the total cost of undergraduate degrees for Colorado residents attending Colorado public institutions.

You only apply once, but you must authorize the use of COF each semester, at each school you attend. At Front Range Community College, you can authorize COF in eWOLF.

Learn more about COF.

When does the College Opportunity Fund get applied to my bill?

If you are a resident student who has applied and authorized your COF stipend, COF should apply to your account within 24-48 hours. If you pay prior to COF being applied you will be paying the full resident tuition without the COF discount.


How do I get a refund?

To receive a refund, you must drop the class prior to the drop deadline, which can be found on the Detailed Student Schedule in eWOLF.

All refunds will be issued electronically based on the selected BankMobile refund preference. If payments are made directly to FRCC with a credit card, then the credit card will be refunded up to the dollar amount paid.

Refunds will be issued within 14 days of appearing on the student's account, beginning after the first day of classes for any given term. For financial aid students, refunds begin after the last day to drop for full-term courses. See the refund calendar to know when to expect a refund.

A BankMobile refund preference can be chosen by visiting the BankMobile website once you have received your refund selection kit from Front Range Community College. If you have questions on activating your refund preference with BankMobile please contact the Cashier's Office.

How long will it take to get my refund?

All refunds are issued electronically within 14 days of showing up on your account, and you can choose how you'd like to get your money. FRCC has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver refunds. To receive your refund you can choose:

  • Electronic deposit to a bank account
  • Electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe account
  • Paper check delivered by USPS

View the refund calendar to see how long each option takes.

What is BankMobile?

FRCC uses a company called BankMobile, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. to manage refunds.

All refunds are issued electronically within 14 days of showing up on your account, based on the refund preference you select. Use your personal code to choose your refund preference at The refund preferences you can choose from include:

  • Funds on your BankMobile VIBE card (fastest refund)
  • Bank account direct deposit (ACH transfer)
  • Paper check (slowest refund)
  • If you do not choose a preference, a paper check will be issued by BankMobile, mailed to the address on file when your BankMobile account was generated. See the refund calendar to see how long each option takes.

You should receive your card refund selection kit through the mail, and a selection reminder will be sent to your college-issued email after you've registered for classes for the first time. Learn more about refunds and BankMobile.

Will I get a refund if I drop or withdraw from a class?

There are no refunds when you withdraw from a class. Refunds are available if you drop a class by the drop date deadline. The last day to drop a class with a refund is based on the class session dates. See all drop and withdraw deadlines.

All refunds are issued electronically based on the selected BankMobile refund preference. If payment is made with a credit card the payment amount will be refunded to that card.

Refunds are issued within 14 days of appearing on the student's account, beginning after the first day of classes for any given semester. The See more information about refunds.

For financial aid students, refunds begin after the last day to drop for full-semester courses.

Miscellaneous Questions

What is a 1098-T form?

The 1098-T is an IRS form that is mailed each January to all students who had qualified tuition and other related educational expenses billed to them during the previous calendar year. It alerts students that they may be eligible for federal income tax education credits on their Federal Income Tax Return.  Learn more about the 1098-T form.

How does my tuition affect my personal income tax?

Tuition fees for college courses may be claimed as a credit on your personal income tax return. See these FAQs for more information.

Do you offer the Western Undergraduate Exchange program?

Yes, FRCC participates in the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program. At FRCC, eligible students pay 150 percent of Colorado resident tuition (in-state tuition minus COF). This is considerably less than non-resident tuition. Learn how to receive WUE tuition rates at FRCC.

Does FRCC offer a discount to senior citizens?

We do not offer senior discounts for courses taken for credit. Some non-credit courses offered through our Continuing Education office offer discounted rates for seniors.

As a veteran or active duty military, how do I qualify for in-state tuition?

As a current or previous member of the military or a dependent of a military member, you may qualify for certain in-state tuition exceptions.

What is Glacier & why am I receiving an email from CCCS?

The GLACIER system generates a Tax Summary Report for you with (i) the results of the tax determinations, (ii) clarification of terms and requirements referenced in GLACIER, and (iii) instructions on how to contact Front Range Community College administrators and/or how to update information if there are future changes.

You are receiving this email because your citizenship classification indicates you will benefit from using the GLACIER Online Tax Compliance System.

What Glacier benefits am I eligible for?

The GLACIER system will help with tax status determination since all visas have different regulations. Furthermore, tax treaties might allow you to claim an exemption or partial exemption from withholding taxes based on your applicable country's treaty with the U.S. These vary by country, by visa and by income type.