Steps to Take Online Classes
STEP 1: Apply to FRCC
If you have not yet applied to FRCC, start by applying now.
STEP 2: Complete the Enrollment Checklist
This checklist gives you important information about:
- Getting placed into the right classes
- Paying for college and financial aid
- Signing up for required New Student Orientation
It’s all online, so you can do it anywhere and at your own pace. All you need to sign in is an email address.
Start the Enrollment Checklist now >
STEP 3: Required New Student Orientation
Students taking a majority of online classes can complete the required orientation online. Once completed, you'll be able to register for classes in eWOLF, our online student portal.
STEP 4: Complete Introduction to Online Learning
Students who have registered for their first online class at FRCC are required to complete an Introduction to Online Learning to:
- Learn how to use the online class management system, Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Understand the requirements and expectations of online classes
- Access tips and resources for the best possible experience in online classes
Setting Up Your Computer
All online courses use software called Desire2Learn. Run a system check to ensure that your computer is properly configured for Desire2Learn.
Exams and Testing
A small number of FRCC Online classes require proctored exams. Your choices for taking proctored exams are:
- Take your exam at any FRCC campus testing center with a valid, government-issued photo ID.
- Arrange to have your exams proctored at another pre-approved location (usually another college or library). Complete this form.
- Use the online proctoring service called ProctorU. Please note:
- Not available for most math tests, as well as all other paper/pencil tests.
- A fee will be charged by ProctorU.
To find the required books for your course, first know your course and section number. Online classes will have section numbers in the 500's (e.g. ENG 121 501). Required books for online courses are not always identical to required books for classroom courses. Some courses also require software, lab kits, tools, or other equipment.
You can buy or rent your books in-person from any campus bookstore or order them online for later pick-up or delivery.
We have a variety of resources available to our online students. You are welcome to use any of our campus libraries which include a variety of online resources.
What is CCCOnline?
Colorado Community College Online (CCCOnline) is a part on the Colorado Community College System and is based in Denver. They create online classes that are offered at FRCC in addition to the online classes that are created and offered by FRCC instructors. Learn more about CCCOnline classes.