In this Section
- About the Campus Security Department
- Report a Concern or Incident
- College Closures and Delays
- FRCC COVID-19 Updates
- Sexual Harassment
- Weapons on Campus
- Smoking & Tobacco
- The Clery Act-Campus Safety
- Stormwater & MS 4
State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Policy and Front Range Community College Organizational Guidelines state that no person may have on his or her person any unauthorized firearm, ammunition, explosive device, or illegal weapon on a campus or any facility used by a community college.
Persons authorized to carry firearms and other equipment defined in the guideline are:
- those persons conducting and participating in an approved program of instruction in the college's curriculum which requires access to such equipment as an integral part of the instructional program;
- peace officers;
- those persons granted permission at the discretion of the college president for specific purposes from time to time.
- those persons who have been issued a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun in accordance with Colorado's Concealed Carry Law and who are acting in compliance with the requirements of that law.
Concealed handgun permit holders are responsible for preventing the casual or inadvertent display of their handgun. The Colorado concealed handgun permit only applies to handguns; no other weapons are authorized to be carried in a concealed manner under the law.