The Pathways Advising and Career Center provides appointments for students based on their Career and Academic Community (CAC). The Career and Academic Communities are:
New to FRCC?
If you’re a new student, you will complete the online Enrollment Checklist. This checklist gives you important information about: getting placed into the right classes, paying for college and financial aid, and signing up for required New Student Orientation, At orientation you will meet with your Pathways Advisor and register for your classes.
Each Career and Academic Community offers appointments to assist students with detailed advising questions and needs. Make an appointment with an advisor for:
- Academic planning and goal setting
- Discussing placement test scores or exemptions
- Choosing classes using the academic plans (MAPs)
- Changing major or program of study
- Reviewing Degree Check and graduation planning
- Transfering in or out of FRCC
- Credit completion warnings
- Academic suspension or probation
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
To get the most out of your advising session, make sure to bring:
Any documents or worksheets from previous advising sessions.
Any useful info you have about transfer requirements (if you’re hoping to transfer your credits from FRCC to another college or university).
A copy of your Degree Check in eWOLF—an online tool that helps you track your academic progress.
Any questions you have about courses, programs, schedules, or your educational plans.
The Academic Advising Office offers same day drop-ins on a limited, first-come, first-served basis. Drop-in advising sessions are 15 minutes and can be used for a quick advising question. The types of services we can assist you with on a drop-in include:
- Prospective students – enrollment process
- Changing your major
- Filling out academic related forms
- Registration questions (navigating eWolf, pre-requisite requirements)
- Registration error issues
- Class concerns (GPA, balancing workload, etc.)
- Quick schedule changes
- How to reach a faculty member
- Withdrawing from a class