military in uniform holding an arm full of books with American flag in the background

Military & Veterans

top military friendly college

Welcome Veterans, Active-Duty Military and Your Families!

We're here to help you make the most out of your GI Bill® benefits and to support you throughout your education at FRCC.

Each FRCC campus has a dedicated Veteran Success Coach ready to assist veterans, eligible dependents, active duty service members, members of the Selected Reserve and REAP recipients.

Tim W. quote Our mission is to support your transition to college, both academically and socially. We assist students using their Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits, and work to ensure veterans benefits are properly awarded in a timely manner.

We offer ongoing support such as career counseling, financial aid and assistance transitioning from military services. We also partner with veterans in our community, coordinating special events that honor their service in wars from different eras.

Veteran Admissions: Getting Started

To ensure you can take advantage of your benefits for your FRCC education, please follow the admissions steps below. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Veteran Success Coach on your campus.

Step 1: Apply to Front Range Community College

Fill out the online application. The application is free, and you will receive a response from our admissions department within 72 hours.

Step 2: Apply for Education Benefits

To apply for VA Education Benefits, go to Click Apply for Education Benefits. Find your Education Benefits Form Applying for a New Benefit (form 22-1990).

Changing Schools?

To make changes to your school or place of training, go to Click Apply for Education Benefits  Find your Education Benefits Form. Updating my current education benefits (form 22-1995).

Step 3: Provide Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or eBenefits Enrollment Statement to FRCC

A hard copy of the COE will be mailed to you in 4-6 weeks after applying; a statement will also be posted in your eBenefits account under-enrollment status.

FRCC Veteran Services must have a copy of your COE/eBenefits statement; you may email this or bring it to us in person.

Step 4: Meet with Your Academic Advisor

Meet your Academic Advisor(s) and register for classes, learn about student life and explore campus.


How to Schedule Your Advising Appointment

Step 5: If You are a Non-Resident, review your Residency options

Colorado law allows for many military-affiliated students to receive resident tuition rates. Visit our Residency page for military-affiliated students.

Step 6: Request Military & Prior College Transcripts

Login to eWOLF > Student Resources dropdown arrow > Student Forms > CCAF (Air Force) or JST (all other branches) transcripts.

For official prior college transcripts, send electronically to FRCC (

Login to eWOLF > Student Resources dropdown arrow > Student FormsTransfer Credit Evaluation Request.

Step 7: Authorize College Opportunity Fund (COF)

Apply at the COF website

Authorize COF in eWOLF by selecting the COF icon on the Dashboard. Once you make your selection, it's saved to your record - if you try again, it will simply tell you there are no changes to save.

Step 8: Complete the VA Educational Benefits Certification Request

Each semester after scheduling your classes, complete the VA Educational Benefits Certification Request.

Login to eWOLF > Student Resources dropdown arrow > Student Forms > Online Certification Request Form

If you make changes to your schedule, please, submit a new form.

Step 9: Apply for Financial Aid

Financial Aid offers opportunities for earning money through grants, work-study, and loans. For more information, please read the Financial Aid webpage.

Important Notes

Class Term: The VA will only pay for the days students are enrolled in class. Students will want to take the 15-week courses or be enrolled in at least 12 credits all 15 weeks to receive full benefits.

Developmental Courses: Classes lower than college-level (below 1000 level) must have documented placement scores on record to qualify, and must be taken on campus, in order to be certified for VA benefits  (Example: MAT 0250 or ENG 0092).

Verify Your Enrollment Status

If you receive benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill or as a Reservist, or if you receive benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, you MUST verify your enrollment status to the VA each month (on or after the last day of the month). 

Reserves and National Guard

Students who are in the National Guard or the Reserves have regularly scheduled mandatory drills and trainings which may prevent them from attending class (online or on-campus).

It is the student's responsibility to communicate with instructor(s) prior to the start of term. The instructor(s) will determine if accommodations can be granted.

  • If accommodations cannot be provided, students should be prepared to make schedule adjustments.
  • If accommodations are granted, the instructor(s) will work with the student on a case-by-case plan in advance for homework, assignments, quizzes, or exams that may be missed. 

Students who receive orders for an unforeseen military deployment should contact their Veteran Success Coach as soon as possible.

Information You'll Need

Other Resources

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.